HPA MP5 Mag Adapter V5 for KC02
This drop-in kit allows you to use MP5 AEG Magazines with HPA in the KJW KC02 (also works on the ASG Special Teams Carbine), without any modification required !
Keep the sensations of GBBR's, feel the performance of HPA, and enjoy the simplicity of AEG-like reloads on the most accurate GBBR there is.
Is it compatible with my Rogueworx parts ?
Yes ! It is, thanks to this version's huuuge internal air chamber. It has taken a lot of designs and prototypes to find the perfect match between an elegant design and a maximized air chamber capacity, which is only possible with the kit being fully made out of 7075 Aluminum.
What kind of power can I get ?
With this V5 of the kit, you get the
same power output as you would with HPA-tapped magasines ! Here are
some measurements with pressures from 90
to 120 PSI for both a Rogueworx upgraded KC02, and a stock one.
Do I need to modify my KC02 ?
Good news, you don't ! The kit will fit just like a regular magazine and the air line will come out from there.
However, it is possible to route the air line to the back of the stock or through the grip with some modifications to the stock as shown here.
Did you know ?
- From the moment you want to carry more than 120 BB's per game, it is cheaper to get a drop-in kit and 2 mid-cap MP5 mags (worth $6 each) than to HPA-tap 3 stock KC02 mags at $35 each
- The way it works is quite simple. The drop-in kit acts as a magwell which firmly sits in the receiver with the air line connected to it. That allows you to reload like a normal AEG without having to deal with your line.
- The kit uses high quality industrial connector parts with integrated o-rings for a perfect seal.
What you get
- Drop-in kit composed of high precision CNC aluminum 7075 parts, and SLS 3D printed for the feeding lips (it's easier on the BBs than metal!)
- Aluminum mag release
- Various pins and springs
Short 6mm line with the adapter to connect it to the kit
What you need
A connector to plug your line into the tube. We recommend our HPA Secure Connector
- A mag valve from a green gaz mag and gasket (you can scavenge them from your stock mag, see video, or find spare ones on the web)
- MP5 AEG mags (the best looking ones are Cyma metal 65rds $6 short magazines)
- Basic assembling tools (allen keys)
- Check out the assembly video here :
What changed from the V1 to the V5 ?
This one is the 5th iteration of the kit. Both the V1 and V2 kits have been overwhelmingly well received among the community, but needed higher PSI than stock magazines to get the same power output. The V3 got more power, and the V4 was the one that never came out, because I wanted to make a perfect kit that is guaranteed to work with aftermarket parts such as RogueWorx bolt carriers an Genesis kits. The V5 kit solves that problem. The kit as been redesigned from the ground up to get the best ratio between compactness and internal air chamber.
The internal air chamber truly is huge, thanks to the kit being made out of 7075 Aluminum. It's not just some plastic that'll blow under the pressure !